Giraffe background

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Goodbye 2009

Another year in the books. 2009 was not kind to everyone, but overall it was a pretty good year for us! Of course, Tanner being born was the highlight of the year and continues to be a blessing! Another favorite memory from this year is going to NYC...I'm ready to go back...who's in??? We celebrated the New Year at some friends house...but we were home and in bed before midnight. I know, I know...LOSERS!!

So 2010 has started with a bang. Tommy and I went out on a date last night! Doesn't happen often, but it was time for just the two of us. We went to eat at Chili's and I swear that was the best food I have ever had there! Then we went to see The Blind Side. OH MY GOODNESS...great movie!! It really makes me think...I know that I have students that I teach that live in horrible conditions that I would never dream of living in. I have one in particular that grew up in New Orleans, product of a druggie and gang banger. Mom died of an overdose and Dad died in a gang fight. My heart breaks to think of what he has been through! Thankfully, he was adopted by a sweet family that is sadly struggling to get by. I have a heart for that kid even though he makes it tough. We are really trying to steer him in the right direction. After last night, I want him to see that movie. Tommy and I were talking on the way home. If I had the $$ that the Tuey's(SP?) had, I would want to adopt too! I just think of how many kids are in this world without a family to call their own. God bless their little hearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment