Giraffe background

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

All things Tanner!

We have our hands full with this one! Tanner has quite the personality! I love him more than words can say. God has blessed us with a "gem" of a child...just like his doctor told me!

Here is a few things :

-he has a temper and he is very hard headed! I don't know what to do with him when spankings do NOT phase him at all and he puts himself in time out. We started the whole idea of time out a few weeks ago when he was throwing a fit and stomping his feet. I told him that throwing fits was ugly and he needed to go to time out. I took him over and put him on top of his toy box...yes, I know...not the ideal "time out" spot but it was the first place that I took him. So he just looked at me and kind of whimpered as I told him that he couldn't throw fits. He looked at me and said, "I sorry. I hold you!" as he reached his little arms out.
So the next day, he was stomping his feet again. I said, "Tanner, that is ugly." He said, "I go time out," and marched his little self over to his toy box, climbed up on top, and looked at me. So really....what do you do with that??

-he likes "chocate milk" very much! Well, anything chocolate for that matter!

-He has a vocabulary out of this world. Yes, I am bragging but anyone who is around him can't believe how much he talks and how clear it all is. It's very rare for me not to understand something that he says. The little toot can say just about anything, including "gum-mit" after hearing me say, "dad-gum-mit" the other day. We really have to watch what we say around him! The other day we were outside and he patted me on the leg and said, "I be back, Mama." "Where are you going?" "To the field!"

-he already wants to know "who dat?" or just points to something and says 'Wha dat?"

-He takes after me and is very social. He loves being around people!

-he can count to ten, get to G in his ABC's, recognizes T, O, S, and a few other letters, and knows the colors orange, blue, pink, and yellow pretty well.

-he likes to watch VeggieTales, Mickey Mouse, and Handy Manny.

-He loves to sing songs.

I attached a few pictures of typical Tanner...

He was a farmer for Halloween. I didn't spend money on a costume he would wear. We had a pretty low, key Halloween and just went to Tommy's Aunt Sue's house. Tanner helped pass out the candy to the trick-or-treaters!
Earlier during the day we had gone to ride horses. When we got back to the barn, he had to feed the horse some corn. "You want it?" he kept asking!

Getting corn for the horses to eat!
Climbing into the bath with our clothes on. "I wet!"
Playing with a "locus" He loves bugs!
He makes a beeline for the dryer anytime it is open. I guess he likes the sound because he gets REALLY loud! This night he looked at me and said, "I need chocate milk." I guess he was just going to hang out in the dryer for a while!
He has an obsession with cat food and dog food. He often chomps on it when we are playing outside. I can not break him of the habit of putting it in his mouth. "Tanner, what are you eating?" "uh, cat food." Gross!! This day he dumped it all out and made himself a hat!


He is a little stinker, but I wouldn't have him any other way. What a precious little boy and it is such a joy to be his mama!

1 comment:

  1. That picture of him in the dryer reminds me of something oddly familiar!

    ReplyDelete