Giraffe background

Monday, December 21, 2009

Tis' the Season...

Wow...where does the time go? This year Christmas has snuck up on me. Usually, I am a lot more prepared than I am this year. I usually have everything bought long before I did this year. In fact, I'm still not really finished! Geez!

I am really excited that Tanner is old enough his first Christmas to "open" his presents. He has already started on one that is under the tree. He keeps on going to that one present and tearing the paper a little more each time.

Speaking of Tanner: He just turned 9 months old on the 12th! I cant believe it! He weighs almost 21 lbs and is almost 30 inches long. He just got his third tooth (one on the top) last weekend...teething is not fun with him!!! He has perfected his crawling and is working on walking by himself. He will take a few steps and then he will either sit down or fall down. He is getting more brave as he lets go of things. He has quite the temper and doesn't like to be told no. I had to laugh the other night as Tommy was telling Tanner "no" (a word that he is getting used to). He was getting into the Christmas tree, as he was standing holding on to the coffee table. Tommy said, "No, Tanner!" And Tanner just looked at him and proceeded to try to get the ornament that he was after. After no luck with just the word "NO", Tommy reached over and grabbed his arm. Tanner looked at him, braced himself with his other hand, planted his feet, and was pulling against his daddy, grunting as he did so! OH MY GOODNESS! I couldn't believe it...he had never done that before! So needless to say, I think that we have our hands full with him. He inherited my stubbornness!!

A few things that he enjoys most of the time...depending on the day...:-)

*eating things by himself, especially avocado, peaches, yogurt

*crawling FASTER as he goes somewhere he is not supposed to...especially the fridge

*soft stuffed animals, he buries his face in them and laughs!

*mimicking noises

*Morelli, my cat...I guess it is his cat now :-)

*chewing on any and everything!

*being outside

*music...his new thing is bouncing when he hears a song. It is so precious!

These pictures (except the 2nd one) were taken at Thanksgiving at Nana's house. We went to Mt. Pleasant with my family and had lunch. We put up Nana's Christmas tree while we were there. My Nana is such a sweet lady!







No comments:

Post a Comment