Giraffe background

Friday, August 13, 2010

Toes in the water, Toes in the sand!

I have been wanting to take Tanner to Galveston for a while now. Tommy has been really busy with work so I decided to see if a few of my girlfriends wanted to meet up. Jo and I were the first to arrive, so we stayed at the hotel until Courtney and Jessica got there. Once they arrived...both late :-) ....it was 5 o'clock. Tanner usually eats between 5:30-6:30 so that didn't leave too much time to play. We decided to go to the Strand to check out some of the shops. I hadn't been there since Hurricane Ike. I have to say that they have done a really good job cleaning up. You could still see the water line on some of the buildings...left purposely. After walking around for just a little bit, we got REALLY hot so we decided it was time to eat. We went to a place that was near the Strand and ate. It was YUMMY!! We watched some people try to navigate a row/sail boat around. They didn't look like they really knew what they were doing! It was great entertainment!

By the time we were through it was 7...too early to go back to the hotel for the night, but too late to really do much. As we were driving down the Seawall, we decided to go get Tanner's swimsuit and a towel and let him play on the beach for a little while. I was really surprised at how "nice"(for Galveston) the beaches were. They have brought in a lot of sand and there was NO seaweed, but the water is ugly! But Hey, it is a beach and it is close! Here is my little munchkin and I before we went down to the water!
So Jo and Jessica spotted a guy in a Speedo sitting on the beach. So guess who took our picture...hahaha!!! At least he put on his shorts before snapping this shot! The lighting was terrible but it's all I have!

He LOVED the water and the sand between his toes! He had the best time running into the waves and picking up the sand to throw it! I loved watching him experience something new! I can't wait to take him again!
One of the main reasons I wanted to go to Galveston, other than the beach, was to go to Moody Gardens and take him to Palm Beach! It was SOOO cute! The main area has a swimming pool that gradually gets deeper and just like the beach it was surrounded by sand. They also had a splash pad in one area...Tanner really liked it! The third main area had a water "playground" that had slides. Tanner LOVED it all...well for a while!

We didn't get to stay as long as I wanted to because Tanner had other plans. He was getting really grouchy...maybe b/c I wouldn't let him play with other kids toys. I had brought him his own but those weren't good enough for him! So we had to pack up early and head back home!

All in all, it was a great trip! I hope next time Tommy can go with us and we can enjoy a little family time together!

No comments:

Post a Comment