Giraffe background

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Thankful

Tanner LOVES it outside! We took a few pictures yesterday because we finally got to play outside! It has been so nasty outside lately and the wind blows like crazy out here! We started off with no hat, but soon put one on to block the wind from his ears. I usually have a hard time keeping anything over his head...he was a good sport the yesterday! Yes, he has dirt on his face in this first picture because finds it necessary to put everything in his mouth...including rocks. :)







Recently, I have been following the journey of a little baby girl named Layla Grace who is losing her battle with cancer. I cry everytime I read the blog (http://www.laylagrace.org/) and my heart breaks for her and her family. I warn you....don't read it unless you want to bawl your eyes out. I can't imagine what they are going through as they prepare to say goodbye to their precious baby girl. My mind drifts to her little face constantly throughout the day. I pray for comfort for the family and sweet baby Layla.
One post in particular really struck me. Her mom writes about how if she had to do it all over again she would never want quite. She wants interruptions and Layla under her feet. It really made me think of how many times I have said, "I can't get anything done...he constantly is under me and wants me to pick him up." Just reading her post I feel guilty that I do have the baby under my feet. I am truly greatful to God for our health and have been reminded many times lately just how precious life is. Love to each of you reading this...may you love a little more each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment