Giraffe background

Monday, July 27, 2009

Working with Daddy

Climbing in!
Tommy and his little buddy!
Tanner was ready to go!

We just finished with corn harvest!! Hooray!!! I can not tell you how excited I am that it is finally over. For those who aren't familiar with this time of year, corn harvest is a lot of work and seems to take FOREVER!!! During harvest, Tommy works very LONG hours, not getting home until after dark. Therefore, he only saw Tanner and I for a few minutes in the morning. This summer was especially hard for me because I had Tanner all by myself all day long. Tanner tends to be a very needy baby so he can wear you out in a hurry. According to my mom, he comes by it honestly. She read me a quote from my baby book the other day, "Samantha loves people and loves to be held. She has a very quick temper." humm...I guess I am getting pay back for all the headaches I caused Mom and Dad!
Anyway, they were harvesting the field that is closest to our house. Tommy sent me a text message, "When you get a chance, could you please bring T down here. He's been begging for a ride in the combine." So I got the little stinker ready, complete with his overalls and cap. I took him to the field and watched them climb in the big combine. Tanner looked so little in that big ole tractor. I came back home and didn't really know what to do with myself. I was weird being home with out Tanner here. My alone time was very short lived because I went to pick Tanner up about 30 minutes later...it was about his nap time. Tommy said that he didn't hardly make a sound the whole time they were riding. He just looked around soaking it all in.
We are very fortunate that Tommy has a job that Tanner can go with him sometimes. I know as Tanner gets older, Tommy will be able to take him to work with him more often. Let me tell ya...Tommy can't wait! Tanner will be driving a tractor before we know it...don't tell his daddy I said that! I am so glad that we have a place that he can run around and experience life in the country. Not many kids have that opportunity anymore. God has blessed us in so many ways!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Samantha,
    Tanner is growing up to fast. Hey, I read the post about your new camera and wanted to share a blog site with you. The lady does photography and has tips posted on her site. Also her son needs all the prayers he can get. He is in the hospital right. Her site is http://www.mycharmingkids.net/2003/07/photography-lessons.html

    Take care,
    Kerron

    ReplyDelete