Giraffe background

Monday, June 21, 2010

Bumps and Bruises

Oh my...If Tanner lives through childhood, it will be a miracle. The kid is ALL boy. I am wondering how many times we will visit the ER and when I will be on a first name basis with Poison Control. I have a feeling it won't be long!!!!

It has been an adventure having him at home with me everyday. I have enjoyed my time with him but it's been stressful due to his ability to climb on ANYTHING and fearlessness! You turn around for ONE minute and he is into something is not supposed to! The other day we were at home and I was busy trying to clean up around the house. Before 9, he had already fallen off the couch and face planted on the hardwood floors, climbed up and was standing on the dining room table, got into the diaper cream (which I decided that he didn't ingest much!!) and bumped his head on the stool when climbing up to see what I was doing.

Then later in the day he was climbing(once again) on a dining room chair and it fell on top of him. I tried to put an ice pack on his eye but you can see how that went... Don't worry...I took it away from him before he could bite a hole in it and eat the insides!

So here is a picture of his bruised face...poor little guy looks like we beat him!
Oh yeah, Saturday was an adventure too. His new pleasure is YELLING "Mama" from any room he is in. As soon as I walk in there to see what is wrong, he just looks at me and continues to play with whatever he was playing with. The other morning I was looking up something on the computer and he was in his room playing. I hear, "Mama....mama.....mama.....mama!" Since he does this all the time now, I didn't rush in his room to see what he needed...I took my time! So as I walk in his room, I followed his little voice and found him in his closet. He was STUCK in there and couldn't get out! I found it pretty hysterical and Tanner got a premature lesson on "The Boy Who Cried Wolf!"

No comments:

Post a Comment