Giraffe background

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Fun in Fredricksburg Part II

My mom and dad used to live in Fredricksburg. They enjoyed seeing how much things had changed. One of the things they used to do when they lived there was the Willow City Loop. Dad really wanted us to go check it out and even threatened to duck tape me and tie me to the roof when I jokingly said I didn't want to go. We tried to go one evening and was headed right into a thunderstorm so we turned around. We decided to go the next day instead. Luckily, we timed it to where the boys would sleep!
At first, we were a little disappointed because it was overgrown and you couldn't see much. The more you drove the better it got. It wasn't really what I expected because it was just a LITTLE road that drove through peoples land. There were random cattle guards in the middle of the roads and creek crossings. It ended up being very enjoyable!
I love the Hill Country!!!! I made Tommy stop so that I could snap a few pictures.
When Tommy and I went a few years ago, we ate at Hondo's. They have these FANTASTIC stacked enchiladas. There have been several times in the past 2 years that we would both randomly talk about wanting those enchiladas. We knew we had to go eat there. The rest of the family was up for it too. It is a pretty neat place to eat. FYI: Hondo used to own Luckenbauck.
The boys were playing on the stage. Carter thought the tip "jar" was neat. The whole screen /curtain was painted. The boys just happened to sit in front of the Lone Star Beer ad...NICE!!! Me and Carter...one of the few pictures I actually have with me in it!
After eating at Hondo's, we found a playground to play on. We wanted to make the boys TIRED! They both had a blast!
Tanner LOVED the slide. It was so cute seeing him so happy. There is no telling how many times he went down that slide! I love this picture of him!
Me, Mom, and Carter....he had to climb in the picture! I was looking rough! Yikes!

We had a great time in Fredricksburg. It is such a neat town full of history! I really enjoy going there and this time was extra special! I hope we can make family vacations an annual thing once again! I love my family and REALLY enjoyed spending time with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment